What's new

Power supply

mr.dj26

Hi guys,

My sp3 will be delivered from the US tomorrow :D

anyways, I live in the UAE and I'm concerned about the power supply cuz in the US its 110 or 120 and here its 220.

Can I use the charger on the 220 socket or should I get the big black converter thing?

Thanks

bkydcmpr

Hi guys,

anyways, I live in the UAE and I'm concerned about the power supply cuz in the US its 110 or 120 and here its 220.

Can I use the charger on the 220 socket or should I get the big black converter thing?

Thanks
I believe all mobile devices these days have the universal power supply (switching internally according to the input without user awareness) as long as you can plug it in (mechanically compatible).

EldoInTheWeeds

I was in the UAE April and all my electronics worked fine with a US to UK plug adapter. I did not have an SP3, but I do not see why it would be different.

UAE has the best Indian food outside of India!

BaritoneGuy

Hi guys,

Thanks

In fact you can go buy a standard 2 pin appliance cord and then won't even need a plug adapter.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
The 48W power adapter, and the power adapter built into docks, operate at 100-240V ~ 1.3A 50/60 Hz.

The dock does not use a brick power adapter. Instead, you will plug the dock directly into mains power. Then, the left and right portions of the dock close onto the left and right of the Surface Pro 3, stabbing connectors into all ports, including power.

So outside of places using "USA" power, you can supply your own appliance cord, or mains power wall adapter, WITHOUT conversion.