What's new

Solved powercfg Battery Report missing Usage history, etc

Hi. I would like to know if there is a way to reset the battery report stats that powercfg produces.

My battery report using powercfg on the Surface Pro 3 is missing Usage history, Battery capacity history, and Battery life estimates. There is no stats under these three settings. Recent usage and Battery usage displays the stats under their respective sections. Just the bottom three sections have no stats.

These three areas did contain stats prior to a PC Refresh, which I needed because of a change inadvertently made to the registry that locked me out of accessing any files.

Anyhow, I just want to get these three sections to display the stats. So how do I reset the battery report stats? An OS Re-install?

Please help.
Cheers.

Liam2349

You reset them when you refreshed. Wait a bit and when it has enough data, these sections will fill in.

OP
P

Paul Chapman

There should be something there by now.
OK. So what might be the problem? I get the Recent usage and Battery usage stats come up but not the others. Where is this data pulled from? Is there some registry setting that wasn't corrected in the Refresh, or is it something else?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
OK. So what might be the problem? I get the Recent usage and Battery usage stats come up but not the others. Where is this data pulled from? Is there some registry setting that wasn't corrected in the Refresh, or is it something else?
No idea where ... its PFM n somebody stole my Windows decoder ring. :(

mahdi75

I have the exact same problem as yours.
I had changed computer date to 2020 a few days ago to test something. Now in recent status there's an entry from 2020, and usage history, battery capacity history and battery life estimates are empty. :(
Not sure if this issue is related to date change or not.

OP
P

Paul Chapman

I have the exact same problem as yours.
I had changed computer date to 2020 a few days ago to test something. Now in recent status there's an entry from 2020, and usage history, battery capacity history and battery life estimates are empty. :(
Not sure if this issue is related to date change or not.

Good to know I'm not the only one with this issue. I have a feeling it may be related.

After the refresh, my system date was set to the year 2062-10-1.
10-1 was the day I refreshed my Surface Pro 3 (9 days ago (Australian time)), but the year was 2014, not 2062.

Here's a link to my first report that I ran after the PC Refresh.

http://1drv.ms/1oV5C8Q
(Again, you need to download it to view in the browser)

And here's a screen shot:

Capture_BatteryReport_2062.PNG

http://1drv.ms/1neFtGE

At the risk of stuffing up your Battery Report, can anyone else confirm this issue? ie Change the computer date to something like 2020 or 2062 and see what happens?

Attachments

• Capture_BatteryReport_2062_1.png
    Capture_BatteryReport_2062_1.png
    47.1 KB · Views: 826
Last edited:
OP
P

Paul Chapman

So after I changed the system date from 2062-10-1 to the correct date 2014-10-1, after nine days of active usage, here's what the Battery Report displays:

Capture_BatteryReport_2014_2.PNG

[Edit: corrected year - From 20162 to 2062]

Last edited: