What's new

Solved powercfg Battery Report missing Usage history, etc

OP
P

Paul Chapman

Ok. I've been in touch with Surface Support.

First step was to check Windows Updates. Turns out I have a heap of these to install. So have done so. Ran the Battery Report. Seems to have reset itself. I now only have one day of usage recorded in the stats. Will wait and see what happens over the next few days and see if the Usage history, etc, populates with data.

Liam2349

Surface support, or Windows support? I think it's more Windows related than Surface specific.

Either would do, but I only have experience dealing with the Surface team and they are very good. I like that they talk "off the books". They aren't just restricted to talking like a robot, like all the Apple Care people do. They talk like human beings - really good stuff.

I'd take a leap and say they are the nicest customer service/support people I've ever dealt with.

OP
P

Paul Chapman

Well it has been two days since I installed all the latest Windows 8.1 updates, including Firmware updates. The updates seemed to have reset everything again. My battery report is now displaying Usage history, Battery capacity history, and Battery life estimates, dated from the time I installed the updates (Friday 2014-10-10).

I am guessing the PC Refresh, which set the system date to 2062, fouled up the powercfg battery report stats. Installing latest updates (including Firmware), somehow, resets the battery report stats.

mahdi75

Well it has been two days since I installed all the latest Windows 8.1 updates, including Firmware updates. The updates seemed to have reset everything again. My battery report is now displaying Usage history, Battery capacity history, and Battery life estimates, dated from the time I installed the updates (Friday 2014-10-10).

I am guessing the PC Refresh, which set the system date to 2062, fouled up the powercfg battery report stats. Installing latest updates (including Firmware), somehow, resets the battery report stats.

But mine still shows nothing, while I have latest updates installed :(

OP
P

Paul Chapman

If your date and time are wrong all sort of things wont work, including Windows Update.

Yes, however, in my case, the date was automatically set to 2062 by the Refresh, and consequently fouled my Battery Report up. Changing it to the correct year, 2014, did not fix it.

Sven

Same issue here - after full reset there is a first entry 1 day ahead of the refresh date ! somehow it went into the future then back again, and now, no estimate or detailed info at the end of the report in the last 3 sections.

What an annoying bug !

OP
P

Paul Chapman

Same issue here - after full reset there is a first entry 1 day ahead of the refresh date ! somehow it went into the future then back again, and now, no estimate or detailed info at the end of the report in the last 3 sections.

What an annoying bug !

Yes, very annoying. As I wrote earlier, the only thing the fixed it, was a Windows Update that included a Firmware update. I'm assuming the Firmware update resets all counters. But someone should let Microsoft know that this needs to be fixed.