What's new

Powercfg /batteryreport does not show any figures for mWh?!

Knubblo

I can run the batteryreport just fine but the report does not show any figures for capacity in terms of mWh? All I get is estimated hours left of usage and number of powercycles.

Anyone knows why mWh does not show?

Kind regards
Knubblo

Swissmorgy

I have noticed the same on my device and I think this weirdness might dieappear with the fixed firmware upgrade announce after the holidays.

OP
K

Knubblo

Ok,

The firmware is since long ago installed. Still I get no values for mWh when running powercfg /batteryreport no matter if elevated prompt or not. Why is that? Please help!

Kind regards
Knubblo

jrapdx

Ok,

The firmware is since long ago installed. Still I get no values for mWh when running powercfg /batteryreport no matter if elevated prompt or not. Why is that? Please help!

Kind regards
Knubblo

You could try running powercfg /energy which also generates a report to examine: <some directory>\energy-report.html. There's a section in the report (about halfway through) describing the battery capacity. On my SP2 the figures in the energy-report were somewhat different than the battery-report.html had shown.

The /energy report takes over a minute to generate, but the results are quite informative.

al2fast

Mine says Design Capacity 42002. I must be broken, the html file is generated but yet neither IE or Firefox will open it. Had to open it in wordpad to read it.

Disinto

Same thing happening to me... The capacity is not displayed in the battery report but only in the more complete energy report. I have a 256 GB SP2 with 4300U CPU. I also think my battery life is quite terrible, max 4h or 4h30 while running Office, some PDF, browsing over Wi-Fi - a far cry compared to some reporting 7 or 8h of battery life :(

GoodBytes

How about using a program that get that info, like AIDA64 (trial should be good enough). They are plenty of free ones, like HWMonitor which if I am not mistaking gives you that info as well.

jollywombat

Mine says Design Capacity 42002. I must be broken, the html file is generated but yet neither IE or Firefox will open it. Had to open it in wordpad to read it.

FYI, Have to take the file out of the system directory to desktop or documents/where-ever as it will not allow you to execute it from within the protected system folder. :)

al2fast

FYI, Have to take the file out of the system directory to desktop or documents/where-ever as it will not allow you to execute it from within the protected system folder. :)

Learn something new every day! So used to thinking permissions with Linux that I forget about them in windows!

OP
K

Knubblo

Hi,

I have run powercfg /batteryreport on my brand new Asus ux31a laptop, it does not show any figures for mWh either. Could this have something to do with European win 8.1 installations vs US installed versions? I cannot get the batteryreport to show any figures of mWh on any computer.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Kind regards
Knubblo

GoodBytes

Ok well, if you really want to know that info.
I am working on a Surface Pro 2 tweak tool (not decided on the program name). One of the things it has it shows the Surface Pro battery information in details, as you can see from this screen shot.
tweak.png

It's the only thing that this software does at the moment. (yay?!)
You can download this very early in dev. version here: http://www.helpweaver.com/tweak.zip (Extract all files anywhere, and run)
Hope this helps.

Let me know if it works out for you. Thanks. :D

Last edited: