What's new

PowerPoint Crashing!

pinerosm

I've had my SP3 for one month now and suddenly, PowerPoint has started to crash whenever I click on the SlideShow tab or on the SlideShow icon on the bottom bar. Why have a SP3 with PowerPoint if I can't use it to present the slides? I've tried rebuilding the presentation, opening other presentations that worked without a problem, no luck.

Open to ideas and suggestions!! This pitch is due next week!!

leeshor

Welcome to the forum

1) Is it only happening with one presentation, that's what it sounds like from your description? 2) Are you certain your Office (Powerpoint) has all its updates?

OP
P

pinerosm

Welcome to the forum

1) Is it only happening with one presentation, that's what it sounds like from your description? 2) Are you certain your Office (Powerpoint) has all its updates?

Thanks for the replies! Unfortunately, now it's happening with all of the files. Yesterday, I thought of launching the presentation from the cloud on OneDrive and it worked, but I am not able to view it from my SP3 locally - which is a problem since the presentation will be given offline.

RE Updates, I applied all Windows updates yesterday, but am not sure if there is somewhere else I should go for PPT updates specifically....

OP
P

pinerosm

Thanks for the links. Only hesitation I have is that the file does not appear to be corrupted. It opens without a problem and I am able to edit it in PPT directly. The only issue is with the slideshow tab and icon - shutting down the program.... Still, I'm keeping both of these links handy, just in case!

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the replies! Unfortunately, now it's happening with all of the files. Yesterday, I thought of launching the presentation from the cloud on OneDrive and it worked, but I am not able to view it from my SP3 locally - which is a problem since the presentation will be given offline.

RE Updates, I applied all Windows updates yesterday, but am not sure if there is somewhere else I should go for PPT updates specifically....
There's an option in thr Windows Update config for Microsoft Updates which would include Office.

However, you may want to try an Office Repair perhaps PowerPoint got stepped on somehow... guess that's why they have Repair. :)

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I've tried the repair and no luck. Still, the file works fine on another computer. I've given in and am set to present it on a Mac this week. *Grumble.*
Which Video Driver are you using? PowerPoint uses Hardware Acceleration and there have been some hick-ups with the latest driver and Hardware Acceleration. Role back the driver and see if PowerPoint starts working again...

TheJokker

If the files open on another computer than the files themselves are not the problem. Have you tried uninstalling Powerpoint and reinstalling?

Last edited: