What's new

Pre order or store order?

Agave Azul

I'm ready to buy the SP2.
I think I'll wait to purchase mine at the MS Store.
Anyone know when the MS Stores should have these in stock without waiting for one?

demandarin

they should have them oct. 22. the day of release. but if ms caused enough of a stir, they could be sold out fast or from preorders. same happened first time around. those 128gb kept selling out.

xterrapro

At a Ms store you should have no problems getting the configuration you want. I think its highly probable the sell thru numbers this time around will be considerably less than the sp1.

shazada

Guys if you pre-order how does the warranty/return procedure goes? Do you have to ship it or are there stores nearby one can return the product?

BillJ

Guys if you pre-order how does the warranty/return procedure goes? Do you have to ship it or are there stores nearby one can return the product?

My experience with MS customer service and exchanges has been excellent. I have had to exchange both my SP and a type cover through them, and the process is easy- you call MS, work with the rep to confirm the nature of the problem, they send you a replacement unit (each got to me within 48 hrs) and you send the original unit back to them. I have no reservations about buying from the MS store.

Back to the original topic of the thread- I did finally get confirmation of my purchase of the 256gb SP2 about 6 hours after placing the order. Either slow computers at MS or high order volume...

dellaster

Back to the original topic of the thread- I did finally get confirmation of my purchase of the 256gb SP2 about 6 hours after placing the order. Either slow computers at MS or high order volume...

Mine, ordered half an hour after they opened the gates, took three hours. They certainly got a lot of ordering activity. Although I see from the site that nearly 24 hours later none are sold out, which is good -- it means they predicted demand well unlike the first time when the 128GB kept selling out. I wonder which was the hottest? It seems certain it's the 256GB on the Pro side, at least among those who comment on internet forums.

shazada

My experience with MS customer service and exchanges has been excellent. I have had to exchange both my SP and a type cover through them, and the process is easy- you call MS, work with the rep to confirm the nature of the problem, they send you a replacement unit (each got to me within 48 hrs) and you send the original unit back to them. I have no reservations about buying from the MS store.
Thanks!

And one other thing:Can't pre-order the power cover...... Is that only in the Netherlands or do others have that also?

CrippsCorner

Pre-ordered mine this morning. 256 gb with 8 gb ram. As another poster said, it's going to be a looooooooooong month. I will definitely post my thoughts when I get it.

A long month!? Try waiting 11 months from the reveal to the release of SP1! That nearly killed me
wink.png