What's new

Pre-orders from online Microsoft store...shipping times?

bryanhayn

I just bought a Surface Pro on 3/1/2013 from the online MS store that had a ship by date of 3/12/2013 and I'm super anxious to get it. I'm just wondering if any of you guys bought your Pros from the online MS store and had it ship out, or received it, before the quoted ship date.

Arizona Willie

I ordered mine from Microsoft's Online Store on 2/22 and received it on 2/28. It was promised to ship by 3/1 so they beat their promise. If it hadn't shipped until 3/1 I would not have gotten it until probably 3/4 or 3/5.

I gotta give Microsoft credit. I ordered some accessories at the same time ( keyboard, screen protector, and another power supply ) and wanted overnight shipping. The girl at first said it would only apply to the accessories since they would ship separately but she went and checked with her supervisor and came back and said ' no we will overnight both shipments ' so Microsoft ate that shipping cost for the second shipment.

The only thing I DID NOT LIKE was the UPS man just set the box down at our door and rang the bell and walked away. Granted there were two cars in the driveway, but around here that is no guarantee someone is home. When FedEx brings anything over $500 they bring it out in a special white van and you have to sign for it.

It all worked out fine -- we were home and living in a gated community of geezers :) there was little chance it would get stolen. But still it isn't the right thing to do.

OP
B

bryanhayn

UPDATE:

Got my shipping confirmation today :) So let's review... ordered on 3/1/2013, shipped today 3/7/2013 with 2-day UPS shipping, so I should have it in my hands by Microsoft's claimed ship by date of 3/12/2013.

Ruffles

Congrats. I guess this means new orders are taking precedence over warranty exchanges as I've been waiting since the 22nd and I still don't see a shipping notice. Indecently, the MS store shows out of stock again.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Congrats. I guess this means new orders are taking precedence over warranty exchanges as I've been waiting since the 22nd and I still don't see a shipping notice. Indecently, the MS store shows out of stock again.

I know you already have but you should stay on top of them. Sounds like that is what it is going to take to get your Surface back.