What's new

Previous Page Return in Internet Explorer Still Slow

ibenzawla

My RT has improved a lot since 8.1 upgrade however going back to the previous page in internet explorer is still very slow. I mean it sometimes take three seconds or more depending on the site. The overall page load has improved and typing is much more responsive. Even the sound volume that used to very low is louder now. I feel like Incan get things done now with confidence without having to seek help from my full Windows laptop. That's why I am curious as to why going back to previous page in IE remains so slow. This may have been addressed here but I am unable to locate it. Please share any thoughts that you may have.

oion

Others see slow reloading of pages when going back in IE11 metro as well. It's the page dimming that annoys me most, and you can see the little dots scrolling at the bottom of the screen that shows it's "working." I changed the "Check for newer versions of stored pages" setting to "Every time I start Internet Explorer" instead of automatic (desktop IE > options > "settings" under Browsing history), which might have helped a bit--at least going back/forward on desktop IE11 is instant. But in truth, I usually load new pages into another tab instead of just going back.

kristalsoldier

Others see slow reloading of pages when going back in IE11 metro as well. It's the page dimming that annoys me most, and you can see the little dots scrolling at the bottom of the screen that shows it's "working." I changed the "Check for newer versions of stored pages" setting to "Every time I start Internet Explorer" instead of automatic (desktop IE > options > "settings" under Browsing history), which might have helped a bit--at least going back/forward on desktop IE11 is instant. But in truth, I usually load new pages into another tab instead of just going back.

Thanks for this tip!

OP
I

ibenzawla

Thank you so much for your input. I should have added that I mainly use the Metro version of IE. I have tried your advise and it worked to a certain extent but not the way it should. I enjoy swiping to go back to the previous page and it would have been fantastic if the pages load faster without doing some thinking. I know this will eventually be fixed that's why I am not too concerned. Overall a wonderful tablet and definitely among the best. I will be getting the Type 2 Cover shortly. A bit expensive but probably worth it. The fact that it is backlit completes the whole package.

oion

Thank you so much for your input. I should have added that I mainly use the Metro version of IE. I have tried your advise and it worked to a certain extent but not the way it should. I enjoy swiping to go back to the previous page and it would have been fantastic if the pages load faster without doing some thinking. I know this will eventually be fixed that's why I am not too concerned. Overall a wonderful tablet and definitely among the best. I will be getting the Type 2 Cover shortly. A bit expensive but probably worth it. The fact that it is backlit completes the whole package.

Metro IE11 really should be a smoother experience than the desktop IE11, agreed. It makes no sense to me that desktop IE11's back button instantly loads cached pages while metro IE11 doesn't. You might try posting on the official MS answer boards (link in sig) and see if there are other tips for it. The more people who use the official boards for specific issues, the more likely MS is going to see them (and hopefully make some kind of "fix").