What's new

Printer Issue

psnative

Was wondering if anyone has this problem. I keep losing my HP printer & have to reinstall it on my SP about every month. Never have an issue with my Win 7 computer. It's been an issue since day one.

BillJ

Same here. I have an HP 7510 on my home network. Before updates earlier this year I would lose wifi frequently, and I just thought that loss of connection with the printer was a consequence of that. After updates, I no longer lose wifi, and I have actually installed the printer-specific drivers from HP for the printer (not just relying on generic printer driver), and everything works fine now. You might see if installing the printer driver makes a difference.

OP
psnative

psnative

"actually installed the printer-specific drivers from HP for the printer (not just relying on generic printer driver)"

Well I installed hp 3050a j611 driver, is that what you mean? When i go to hp downloads, there are about 7 different letters after 611, dont know where to find those but i don't think that's the problem.

Rvacha

On most HPs there is a way to either display or print a printer summary that will provide the specific printer mutation you have. With said I have a similar problem and it is not the driver. Most HP printers (WiFi) are set to obtain a DHCP assigned address. On my network that IP address moves from time to time, resulting in the printer getting lost by the PC. For me the solution is to configure the printer for a static address