What's new

Pro 1 replaced under warranty, Pro 3 coming in tomorrow - will I even be able to charge my tablet?

Bolognesus

So, after two weeks without my trusty old S Pro 1, it appears I'm getting a refurbished Pro 3 in tomorrow; at least, when I checked my warranties (registered products) page after I received a fairly non-descript shipping notification, my SP1 had disappeared with an SP3 appearing in it's place. Apparently I got an upgrade (that is, mostly: the iGPU is substantially worse - 64GB i3 model - so even skyrim won't really run anymore from what google tells me. Oh well. that I can live with).
...Problem is: I have a stylus and charger for an SP1 that I'm fairly sure are both utterly incompatible with that SP3. From what I've read, it seems they just ship you a brown box with a tablet in it and nothing else, so will I even have a charger for my tablet tomorrow? will I have a working stylus? Has anyone here had the same thing happen to them, and if so, what did you guys find in that box?

OP
B

Bolognesus

Thanks!
...and Gah.
Guessing if a charger isn't certain a stylus most definitely will be too much to hope for?

Anyway, here's to hoping UPS shows up somewhat early and I can still call in to whatever passes for customer service at MS.

OP
B

Bolognesus

Vince, having just found your post in another topic ( Microsoft replaced my surface pro 2 with pro 3 ) do I understand correctly that they even replacetype covers? That seems quite outstanding (although since my type cover is still registered as a type cover 2 so no high hopes here...). Is this happening in Europe or Canada/US?

Anyway, I understand it's best to try and get a case escalated to MS themselves to get anything done? Thanks for that, I'll aim for that if necessary.

vincethewipet

Vince, having just found your post in another topic ( Microsoft replaced my surface pro 2 with pro 3 ) do I understand correctly that they even replacetype covers? That seems quite outstanding (although since my type cover is still registered as a type cover 2 so no high hopes here...). Is this happening in Europe or Canada/US?

Anyway, I understand it's best to try and get a case escalated to MS themselves to get anything done? Thanks for that, I'll aim for that if necessary.

I posted by accident in your thread a few minutes again, sorry about that :). The danger of having multiple tabs… My now deleted post was meant for the another thread.

Everyone to this point is getting new Type Cover/Pen/Power adaptor with the replacement SP3, and everyone is keeping their old accessories. I hope they are still doing that! I would not worry to much.

And yes, escalating the issue was the only way for me to get good information about my replacement. Since your replacement is on your way, I think you will be okay! But if you have any problem and the standard Answer Desk doesn’t help you immediately, I think it’s better to ask to transfer your case to the Customer Advocacy team. They are much more competent and easier to deal with.

Please keep us informed if you have all the new accessories you need tomorrow!

OP
B

Bolognesus

Ah that explains why I was having some issues quite entirely connecting your post with the previous entries in this topic :D

Thanks for the information; I'll be sure to check right back in tomorrow as soon as I have that package on my desk. Again, thanks.

OP
B

Bolognesus

Well, vince was right: there's an SP3 updating to W10 right now - with pen, type cover and charger attached.
TC is in boring old black/dark grey but hey, I'm OK with that :)