What's new

Pro 2 Storage Question

Me and my girlfriend are both upgrading to the pro 2. I use SkyDrive extensively and she does not. Can I activate both 200gb offers on my account and end up with 400gb total?

oion

Fine print on the MS site:
Offer terms: Valid for original purchasers of Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2 only. Valid for 200 GB of SkyDrive storage for 2 years from redemption. Offer code must be redeemed within 90 days from original purchase, and no later than December 31, 2014. Internet access fees may apply. Limit: One offer code per purchase of qualifying Surface device and per Microsoft account. Not redeemable for cash or gift cards. Single use only. Not packaged for individual resale.

I'm guessing no. Doesn't mean you can't try, though.

bluegrass

Just curious. I purchased a new SP2 and I've just read that your suppose to get 200 gig in SkyDrive. What do you have to do to get it. The store never said anything. I had and still have a SP1.

oion

Just curious. I purchased a new SP2 and I've just read that your suppose to get 200 gig in SkyDrive. What do you have to do to get it. The store never said anything. I had and still have a SP1.

The coupons for the Skydrive/Skype deals are sealed in the Surface 2/Pro 2 boxes with the manuals.

gman713

$100 per year? If that's the case, I'll upgrade the SP3 to 256 GB and use Google drive or the base Skydrive size. It think it would be a wash over 2 years.

oion

$100 per year? If that's the case, I'll upgrade the SP3 to 256 GB and use Google drive or the base Skydrive size. It think it would be a wash over 2 years.

Because of the fine print, I never considered the Skydrive or Skype deals in my purchase decision; temporary bonuses of this nature don't count for anything to me. If I wanted to store a couple hundred gigs of data for mobile use, I'd buy a permanent solution like a portable USB drive or just split the data across microSD/USB flash drives. I'll be sticking with the base Skydrive size myself, which is 7GB.

bluegrass

Oion. One thing you aren't considering. A lot of people have multiple devices that can access clouds. It is very handy to be able to look at a file on my W8 smartphone or my desktop at home. I agree with you that it's handy to have a small portable hard drive to backup data to but the fact that we can have data being syncronized to a cloud that we can get to from any system, including a friends, can be quite handy at times. I wouldn't really depend on it as my only source of backup though.

oion

Oion. One thing you aren't considering.

I did consider that, which is why my post is written in the first person including phrases like "I never" and "in my purchase decision" and "to me"--which is a lot more than most people remember to do on forums. So whatever else is in your post is irrelevant to my case.

Booch

Because of the fine print, I never considered the Skydrive or Skype deals in my purchase decision; temporary bonuses of this nature don't count for anything to me. If I wanted to store a couple hundred gigs of data for mobile use, I'd buy a permanent solution like a portable USB drive or just split the data across microSD/USB flash drives. I'll be sticking with the base Skydrive size myself, which is 7GB.

I would expect many of you on this forum, being Microsoft enthusiasts, to have had a skydrive account for some time now. If so, check your account, you may have 25 GB of skydrive storage as I do.
Can't remember when this happened (old age), but was a reward of sorts, for those who already had accounts at some point.