What's new

Pro 4 not connecting to iPhone hotspot

Aussie Novice

I have tried connecting to my iPhone hotspot for internet while traveling and I can see it trying to connect with flashes of blue on the top of the iPhone screen but then it just fails to connect. I then tried to connect via Bluetooth which was successful however I can't work out how to make the internet work over Bluetooth so I then tried connecting my iPhone to the notebook with the cord but I can't work out how to get the internet. On my laptop the hotspot connects just fine so I think it's the Focus Pro 4 that's the problem. Has anyone else had this issue & if so, do you know how to rectify this issue?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I have tried connecting to my iPhone hotspot for internet while traveling and I can see it trying to connect with flashes of blue on the top of the iPhone screen but then it just fails to connect. I then tried to connect via Bluetooth which was successful however I can't work out how to make the internet work over Bluetooth so I then tried connecting my iPhone to the notebook with the cord but I can't work out how to get the internet. On my laptop the hotspot connects just fine so I think it's the Focus Pro 4 that's the problem. Has anyone else had this issue & if so, do you know how to rectify this issue?
Make sure the iPhone isn't using any spaces or special characters in its SSID name...that is typically the issue

OP
A

Aussie Novice

Thanks Jeff. Yes I did check for that after searching for solutions online prior to posting on here and my phone shows just 'iPhone' with no spaces or extra symbols. The hotspot connects fine on my ASUS laptop but it won't connect to this notebook. I can see the blue wifi connection light flicker on a couple of times at the top of the iPhone like it is trying to connect but it fails to do so. Is there anything else I can try? Also, can I use Bluetooth to connect to the internet instead of the wifi and if so, how do I do that?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Jeff. Yes I did check for that after searching for solutions online prior to posting on here and my phone shows just 'iPhone' with no spaces or extra symbols. The hotspot connects fine on my ASUS laptop but it won't connect to this notebook. I can see the blue wifi connection light flicker on a couple of times at the top of the iPhone like it is trying to connect but it fails to do so. Is there anything else I can try? Also, can I use Bluetooth to connect to the internet instead of the wifi and if so, how do I do that?
That has always been the fix previously...hopefully someone with an iPhone will chime in....

Cuchulainn

I realize that this thread is almost 3 weeks old, but I just joined recently. I was able to finally get my iPhone hotspot to work with my 2017 Surface Pro, by attaching the phone via USB. That caused my Surface Pro to do some additional setup and seemed to establish some sort of "trust" between the devices. I also went into USB settings and paired the Surface Pro to the iPhone. While before I was getting errors saying it could not connect, it is now connecting reliably and consistently. I do not have iTunes installed, fwiw. I hope that is of some help.