What's new

Pro?

D

Deleted member 10837

You get 2 cameras instead of only 1 in comparable ultrabooks.

Last edited by a moderator:

MoggSquad

You would also think the Pro 2 should get full Office instead of the Non-Pro, but I understand their reasoning to push sales or RT.

ALLCAPS

Because the Surface 2 is the actual Flagship Product not the Pro 2.

I very much doubt "flagship" is the right word. My guess is that people buying the Pro/Pro 2 likely care less about cameras than people buying an RT. I don't care about the cameras at all, they may as well not even be there. While for me they weren't a selling point, someone who just wants "a tablet" may be upset they don't have cameras, or that they cameras aren't high quality.

I think they figured the camera was a safe place to cut a little cost in order to make other parts of the Pro more powerful.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Nope, I stand by that... I was able to spend the weekend before the September 23 launch with the Surface Team and the Surface 2 is designed and held as the purest Windows Experience. They like the Pro and what they have done with it but is still a work machine at the end of the day. They get giddy (Panos and all the way down the ranks) when they talk about the Surface 2.

Surface 2 is what the trajectory of Windows is....

hypokondriak

Nope, I stand by that... I was able to spend the weekend before the September 23 launch with the Surface Team and the Surface 2 is designed and held as the purest Windows Experience. They like the Pro and what they have done with it but is still a work machine at the end of the day. They get giddy (Panos and all the way down the ranks) when they talk about the Surface 2.

Surface 2 is what the trajectory of Windows is....

That does make sense. Everything you read and of course looking at the actions in this light shows that this is the future of Windows. As mentioned in another thread, I'm using the desktop less and less too. Between apps getting added in the store and everything else going native HTML5 things are changing.

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

ALLCAPS

That's kind of disappointing. They need to come up with a better adjective than "Pro", because there's so much more than "work" that it brings to the table.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Why is it disappointing? The Pro is the best x86 mobile solution on the Market but it is a Pro level machine targeted at Business and Creative Professionals.

ALLCAPS

I guess disappointing is also not the right word. It's just that I personally wouldn't be able to get by with an RT based device, so I guess I have a difficult time seeing how other people could. Perhaps it's a failing on my part and not Microsoft's. So long as there's always a "Pro" option.