What's new

Problem after updated to the new surface pro from an old computer

cescman

Hi all, I am new to here. Nice to meet you

After my 6 years old notebook died 2 weeks ago, I have decided to upgrade and have just got the new surface pro today. So far so good after installing the programs I needed and copying back my files from the cloud. However, I have a problem sharing files with my android phone.

I have shared a folder in the internal hard drive and another folder in the external drive. Then I tried to assess them using the app "ES file explorer" on my phone. I can assess the files in the internal hard drive without any problem, but for the external drive, although I can see the root folder (labeled as "D") on my phone, when I click the folder, there was no response and I just can't go inside the folder to see the files there.

I can see the files when the external drive is connected to my old computer, also using windows 10. Perhaps I may have forgotten how to set the sharing settings

Anyone here using android phone can try and see if you may have the same problem? Or any help from the expert?

Thanks

OP
C

cescman

I think I have similar issue as in this link:

Share an external USB Drive with usb-hub on WINDOWS10,have A BUG!

I cannot assess shared folders in external drive connected to a surface dock, but I can do so when the drive is connected directly to the only usb port on the surface Pro. The guy in the above link had similar issue with a usb hub. So this problem is still not yet solved by Microsoft?

Anyone with a similar setup can check and see if they have the same problem? Any ideas on how to solve this or workaround? Thanks