What's new

Problem opening settings

pdes

When I select "VPN" from the network list on my SP4, all I get is the blue page with the cog wheel. I have carried to the "trick" to refresh the immersivecontrolpanel but the problem persists when using the keyboard, pen or mouse.

I can get to the menu from the windows menu but when I select "connect" to the VPN, it says "connecting" but then reverts to the "connect" dialogue box.

Any clues anyone?

Thanks

David

OP
P

pdes

A bit more info:
It seems that I cannot access anything in the Settings/Network page as soon as the VPN item is selected. obviously some corruption but how do I repair it?

Thanks

OP
P

pdes

Thanks for this. I carried out the instructions and restarted but the problem persists. As soon as I try to select VPN, the whole Network secton in Settings, locks up.

More suggestions please!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
OK...I will need more info, what type of VPN is it and how was it installed or configured? Is this a 3rd Party VPN (i.e. ProXPN, Cisco) that used an installed or a Native VPN configured via the Settings Dialog?

OP
P

pdes

Hi,

This is a VPN service (Streamvia) configured through the native client. This service is working OK on my other devices.

Thanks

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,

This is a VPN service (Streamvia) configured through the native client. This service is working OK on my other devices.

Thanks
When you say native - was it done here?

upload_2016-10-4_17-53-4.png

Or was it configured in the previous legacy control panel?

upload_2016-10-4_17-54-5.png

OP
P

pdes

Ahh, you've got me there! I am 99% sure it was the former and not the legacy control panel.

I have deleted the StreamVia profile using the legacy panel but this has still not solved the problem: as soon as I select "VPN" in the settings page, the whole of the network options are unresponsive.

Thanks

OP
P

pdes

Yep, this is the very last resort. It would probably take me a couple of weeks to restore all my apps. I am still clinging on to the hope that there is a file that can be replaced to just reset the network piece of the settings.