What's new

Problem with browsers on Surface Pro

Arizona Willie

It doesn't matter if I run IE 10, or Firefox, or Chrome ... the favorites bar is so small it is impossible to TOUCH an item without touching 3 at least.

Is there any way to fix this? Half the time I can't find my stylus and I need to use my finger. Sometimes my bluetooth mouse will work but it's unpredictable and I don't always have it with me.

ArnoldC

That's the reason for Modern UI apps that are designed for touch. If you insist on using Desktop apps, then you have to live with it.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express

zze86

^ are you serious? IE is supposed to have been built for touch. Guess what? Opening it up on the Metro UI actually just opens it up on the desktop...:crazy:

GreatWindows

^ are you serious? IE is supposed to have been built for touch. Guess what? Opening it up on the Metro UI actually just opens it up on the desktop...:crazy:

Lol Arnold is a pretty rude person, just look at most of his responses....like really lol....people here need help, not a rude answer.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

ArnoldC

I'm sorry for the two of you, really. And if you read the OP's post well enough he's talking about chrome and Firefox which is not designed for touch on the Desktop. If you will also read Arizona's previous posts , he prefers desktop IE.

I reply in context. You two reply with nothing relevant.

You can call me anyway you want, I don't really care.

You don't even know me.

ArnoldC

<snip> Opening it up on the Metro UI actually just opens it up on the desktop...:crazy:
This statement is indeed, crazy. You don't even know the difference between the two.

bosamar

Arizona Willie. This is the Modern browser on Surface. If you swipe from the top you will see your previously visited websites.
Screenshot (31).png

If you swipe from the bottom and touch the URL address box all of your favorites will be displayed.
Screenshot (32).png

EMINENT

Can anyone help me understand why sometimes touch scrolling quits working in Firefox on sites like Pulse.me?

Similarly on wp8 on Lumia 920 sometimes after opening a story on Pulse, going back to the homepage sometimes I get the zoomed out view and after this, the tiles for the stories aren't able to be opened anymore leading to a refresh of the page.

malberttoo

Do you have another browser set as the default? Because if IE is NOT the default browser, then yes, tapping the tile in the Metro interface will just open it on the desktop. I have no idea why this is.

-Michael