What's new

Problem with browsers on Surface Pro

cienveryon

I think Modern IE is great for touching operation. But the most issue is that the Favorites cannot be displayed by folders. Can you imagining that finding a website for 30 seconds???? So I use chrome all the time despite its bad touching operation.

Tsanguine

If you go to the properties of Chrome in the compatibility tab you can tell it not to apply scaling. Then once in the app you can have it scale the content to 150%.

Talldog

If you go to the properties of Chrome in the compatibility tab you can tell it not to apply scaling. Then once in the app you can have it scale the content to 150%.
Unfortunately, the scaling only applies to the window, not to the URL or favorites bar. The forward and back arrows (for instance) are so small I can't hit them reliably.

MMU

I think Modern IE is great for touching operation. But the most issue is that the Favorites cannot be displayed by folders.

I like the Modern UI IE browser because I often take the SPro as a tablet (no keyboard, mouse, etc.) but the simplified modern browser is not without it's weaknesses. I don't like that favorites cannot be in folders but I can work around that. The biggest issue for me is that I have not figured out how to save a webpage to disk without opening the desktop.

Why is that?

T

TheConstruct

I use the Xmarks app on my rt and works well for me. I do know if you can get it to work with another browser or not. As much as I love my RT, I do miss Palemoon.