What's new

Problem with surface pen

iliketoys

I have found a few other threads that seem to show that the issue the OP posted was due to a broken pen nib. I've tried replacing mine with one of the different ones but it hasn't seemed to work. Maybe try that @cska123 ?

iliketoys

So just to follow up...
I tried switching out nibs with no success. Went to Best Buy today and got a new pen to try and that worked. Even with all the other nibs I had tried previously.

awwshoot

Any time I see this issue on our tablets, it has always been the pen tip!

Some have even looked fine till you press the tip and then see the plastic is split. Try changing the Pen tip and bet that clears up your issues!

Otherwise 21 Surface Pro 4s and all write perfect lines till the tips go bad.

iliketoys

Any time I see this issue on our tablets, it has always been the pen tip!

Some have even looked fine till you press the tip and then see the plastic is split. Try changing the Pen tip and bet that clears up your issues!

Otherwise 21 Surface Pro 4s and all write perfect lines till the tips go bad.

Just to clarify, changing the tip in this case did not work. Something was wrong with the actual pen.

awwshoot

Ok , not good.

Have watched a few take the 4' to 5' fall to the solid floor. In the past that killed the pens for the other tablets, now it is just the tips.

By chance, did your pen ever take a straight drop to the floor with the solid tip in place?

iliketoys

Ok , not good.

Have watched a few take the 4' to 5' fall to the solid floor. In the past that killed the pens for the other tablets, now it is just the tips.

By chance, did your pen ever take a straight drop to the floor with the solid tip in place?

Yes, I think I may have dropped the pen a few times. Nothing too crazy but pretty sure it's fallen onto the wood floor.