What's new

Problem with the volume button

Lucas

Hi everybody ! I apologise in advance for the mistakes I could make, I'm not a native english speaker.
I have a Surface 2 and I'm very happy with it, it works very well except for this volume button.
The button is constantly going down ; I mean that the volume is always always low, except when I push very hard the + button, in that case it stays up a little and go down again a few seconds later. I'm pretty sure it's a mechanical problem with the button but I really don't know what to do, I can't watch any video or listen to any music except if I constantly push the + button which is not very practical...

Is there any way to desactivate the volume button ? It would be ideal, I would just set the volume with the keyboard or directly from the set up of the surface.
If you have any other advices, I would be very thankful.

Thank you in advance for your answers,
Lucas

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your right Lucas it sounds like a hardware issue with the button. You could try doing Reset which I don't really expect to work but you would want to Reset before returning it for replacement anyway so you don't have anything to lose there.