What's new

Problems with Bluetooth mouse

a9l6i

Hi there,
I have a Surface Pro 3 (128Gb) with windows 8.1. I bought a bluetooth mouse and tried to connect it with my Surface. The connection works well, my Surface find the mouse and it tells me that it is connected with it. However mostly the mouse doesn't work although it says that it is connected. And when it works then it is very slow and not really useful. I tried everything and searched a lot in the Internet and found out that many people have these problems but without a solution.
I hope you know a solution

Thanks in advance
a9l6i

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure that I understand the relationship between what frequency my WiFi network is connected on and Bluetooth mouse connectivity issues?
Is a phenomenon known as Contention, on the Marvell Wireless Card; WiFi, Bluetooth, FM Radio and NFC (the last two are not activated on the Surface line) are all on the same Die....WiFi can operate on 2.4GHz (typically defaults to this on the Surface) Bluetooth always uses 2.4GHz and what you are seeing is Contention between the 2 radios operating on the same frequency, so moving to 5GHz on WiFi removes the Contention.

cam30era

Is a phenomenon known as Contention, on the Marvell Wireless Card; WiFi, Bluetooth, FM Radio and NFC (the last two are not activated on the Surface line) are all on the same Die....WiFi can operate on 2.4GHz (typically defaults to this on the Surface) Bluetooth always uses 2.4GHz and what you are seeing is Contention between the 2 radios operating on the same frequency, so moving to 5GHz on WiFi removes the Contention.

Thanks, a lot. I learned something today.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
You first need a router that is Dual Band...then setup the Router with Seprate SSIDs typically the 5GHz is desiginated by SSID_Name_5GHz. Another fix is getting Bluetooth Mouse that is v. 4.0 or v. 4.0LE and you will see better performance...

OP
A

a9l6i

Do you think the Microsoft Sculpt mouse would work well with the surface pro 3? Particullary solve my problem?

cam30era

I am experiencing a different problem. Occasionally when I boot my SP3, it will not detect my Logitech Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. I have to tell the SP3 to forget the devices, then pair again. I searched and have not been able to find a solution. Thanks in advance for any input.

riggi

I am experiencing a different problem. Occasionally when I boot my SP3, it will not detect my Logitech Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. I have to tell the SP3 to forget the devices, then pair again. I searched and have not been able to find a solution. Thanks in advance for any input.
This happens to me too. Only occasionally, maybe once every 1 or 2 weeks. (I shutdown every night and also between work and home as the SP3 has a habit of waking in the bag).

I use a Logitech K810 and Razor Orochi mouse.

Instead of re-pairing both devices, I find just disabling and enabling the BT adaptor in device manager fixes it.

A reboot will also fix it.

Nys299

Do you think the Microsoft Sculpt mouse would work well with the surface pro 3? Particullary solve my problem?
I use the Sculpt Touch Mouse and the Sculpt Comfort Mouse and both have no issues. Remember to go to the device manager and Bluetooth and uncheck the Power Management "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". I find that the mouse goes to sleep after sometime and there is no way to revive the mouse short of a reboot or repairing. Once I turn off the above, no issues with my mouse.