What's new

Problems with type cover 2 on SP2

haakon

Hi! Have searched a little bit around, but I cant seem to find anything to help me solve my problem.

I bought the Type cover 2 today. I got home, opened it up and connected it. The keys lit up, beatiful. The touchpad is working as well.. But the damn keys!! Nothing happens when I try to type something. Went in to unit management, but it just says that the drivers are working properly.

Anybody out there With the same problem, or better, aa solution? Thanks.

oion

Hi! Have searched a little bit around, but I cant seem to find anything to help me solve my problem.

I bought the Type cover 2 today. I got home, opened it up and connected it. The keys lit up, beatiful. The touchpad is working as well.. But the damn keys!! Nothing happens when I try to type something. Went in to unit management, but it just says that the drivers are working properly.

Here's the MS troubleshooting page: Microsoft Surface Touch Cover and Type Cover help | Touchpad help

After that, you might consider asking on the official MS boards (link in sig) or contact MS tech support to see if a replacement is in order.

be77solo

Have you tried removing and reattaching I assume? If that doesn't get them working it sounds like a defective keyboard. There's nothing to install or setup, it simply clicks in and works.

I'd try a replacement keyboard.