What's new

Solved Problems with Windows 10 apps like mail and camera

Orlbuckeye

The Windows 10 mail app has not been working on my SB. Now the camera isn't working. I ran the command (SFC \scannow) to repair corupt files in the logs it says the file C:\windows\SYSWOW64\opencl.dll can't be repaired.

I attempted copying on from another machine and it didn't work.

I found a fix which I will try tonight.

To fix this problem, you need to have the ISO of the exact build you have installed.
  1. Mount the ISO image.
  2. Create a temporary directory to mount the Windows Image File (WIM).
    mkdir C:\WIM
  3. Mount the WIM file.
    Dism /Mount-Wim /WimFile:D:\sources\install.wim /index:1 /MountDir:C:\WIM /ReadOnly
  4. Run Dism with the following parameters.
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:\WIM\Windows /LimitAccess
  5. When done, unmount the image and delete the folder
    Dism /Unmount-Wim /MountDir:C:\WIM /Discard rmdir C:\WIM
  6. It's mandatory to restart your computer, or SFC and DISM will still show errors.
That should fix the issue.

OP
Orlbuckeye

Orlbuckeye

Well I did all that and when I do the corupt file scan SFC \Scannow says it didn't find corrupt files but the Mail and Camera apps still don't work.

Aegeas

I know you don't want to hear this, but go ahead and do a full refresh. Save yourself further fooling around.

OP
Orlbuckeye

Orlbuckeye

I know you don't want to hear this, but go ahead and do a full refresh. Save yourself further fooling around.

Well I can get by with not using them but I could go back to restore points but I'm just going to wait for the Windows Update. Evidently running the DISM did fix the opencl.dll since when I run sfc \scannow it doesn't find any corrupt files. So something else is causing it. That's a disadvantage of having the Camera app part of Windows instead of a Windows desktop app. It's alot easier to reinstall a desktop app then a Windows 10 app.