What's new

Processor speed being limited by Firmware

DeltaXray

Hi,

I noticed in the System log in event viewer on my i5 SP3 lots of the following messages:

The speed of processor 2 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 56642 seconds since the last report.

The speed of processor 1 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 56642 seconds since the last report.

The speed of processor 3 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 56642 seconds since the last report.

The speed of processor 0 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 56642 seconds since the last report.

Is this normal? Anyone else getting this?

OP
D

DeltaXray

Protection feature for what? A lot of these messages seem to be when the device isn't under heavy load and is running cool...?

bluegrass

As a general rule, I don't go looking for trouble when my computer isn't broke, but since you mentioned your problem I thought I'd take a look. I didn't see anything from my brief scan through a few days of the log. How are your messages listed: red ! error, yellow ! warning, or white ! information? What was in the source column?