What's new

Protection Plans for your Surface Pro 3

ximoosea

Where can you purchase Microsoft Complete? I bought my SP3 from the Microsoft online store but cannot figure out how to buy the extended warranty. Perhaps I am blind. Thanks in advance.

OP
cdf3

cdf3

Where can you purchase Microsoft Complete? I bought my SP3 from the Microsoft online store but cannot figure out how to buy the extended warranty. Perhaps I am blind. Thanks in advance.

Visit the link below. Once you're logged in, you can enter the serial number of your SP3. From there it will look up your device, and give you the option to purchase the warranty.

https://myservice.surface.com/en-US/Pages/Welcome.aspx

bulls96

Is there a deadline for buying Squaretrade protection?

I wonder if I can buy the Microsoft complete then squaretrade when the 2 years are up.

pcreyn319

The MS warranty is the best deal out there, I went to get the unit swapped out yesterday and they weren't so eager to swap it for cosmetic issues, but when I told them and showed them the receipt that I had purchased the extended warranty, they changed their tune.

Does MS replace it with a new surface, or a refurbished one if you do it online?

ipaq_101

Does MS replace it with a new surface, or a refurbished one if you do it online?

When I went to the store, they swapped it out for a brand new one, granted I was still under the 30 day return policy.

A few months down the line, I bet they will have a nice build-up of returned units that are waiting to be refurbished units. Maybe that is why the ADP warranty is so cheap, lol.

In any case, most warranties will always give you a refurbished unit.

I have a squaretrade warranty for my Samsung Galaxy S4 with a $99 deductible, recently after a year, the phone has a broken vibrator motor and dirt inside the camera. After I called them I decided to repair it myself, because squaretrade promises to repair your product and if not repairable, pay you out the cost of a replacement "refurbished device". I ended up buying a replacement camera for $17 and a replacement vibrator motor for $5, opened it up and repaired it myself, better than getting a refurbished unit back and spending $99 on the deductible.

In any case, the SP3 is probably glued together so it will be hard to repair anything major except the battery.

malberttoo

In any case, the SP3 is probably glued together so it will be hard to repair anything major except the battery.

Nigh impossible. It's basically made to not be opened. I'm sure we'll see some videos emerge though of people trying... ;)

Kif

I haven't used Squaretrade but it seems like a mixed bag. I've seen reviewed where they've replaced the glass on iPad's and it wasn't quite the same.

dleuen

I just went for the Microsoft Complete Coverage Plan. This thing has become my carry everywhere device and most of the time it is not in any case nor even the type cover on. I feel a little better now.

bulls96

Bit on it and bought the Microsoft Complete Plan.

Have an upcoming trip to Mexico and I'm sure it will come in handy.

Just noticed... The standard warranty is until Sept 2015. And I bought it July 2014 preordered and got it launch day. So there's an extra 2 months coverage there for standard warranty.