What's new

Purchased Skin From Decal Girl

TeknoBlast

I never been big on skins for any devices, but I saw this design and thought I have to get it. I went with the matted finish since it does not attract finger prints. I've attached a couple of pictures of it and love that they included the wall paper.
I also used the wall paper for my desktop lock screen.

WP_20130113_002_zps6ecd3bec.jpg

WP_20130113_001_zps7a0143f9.jpg

ontulmora

That is awesome! I purchased a Decal Girl skin for my Zune back in the day, I may check them out and get something for the Surface.

ontulmora

Does the sticker have the residue so if I decided to remove it there wouldn't be anything sticky or ugly left behind. I'm thinking the Zune one back in the day didn't have that but I don't remember.

OP
TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast

Does the sticker have the residue so if I decided to remove it there wouldn't be anything sticky or ugly left behind. I'm thinking the Zune one back in the day didn't have that but I don't remember.

So residue at all. It can be cleanly removed.

Nutball

That design definitely stands out - looks pretty cool. I've looked at these from time to time for other devices, but never got one.

Any issues with swiping in from the sides/top/bottom?

I've been using a screen protector and wonder if the additional thickness, although minimal, would cause any problems. I'll have to research their site a bit more or send them a message.

Thanks for sharing the photos.

OP
TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast

That design definitely stands out - looks pretty cool. I've looked at these from time to time for other devices, but never got one.

Any issues with swiping in from the sides/top/bottom?

I've been using a screen protector and wonder if the additional thickness, although minimal, would cause any problems. I'll have to research their site a bit more or send them a message.

Thanks for sharing the photos.

It took a few swipes from the left and bottom to get used to. At first I thought, "aw man, this wont work," but like I mentioned, after a few swipes here and there, it works just fine.

Chubnut

Now these look very nice indeed! The only problem is choosing the right one! Quick question though - does it affect the display in anyway or does it look just a crisp as without the skin?
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

OP
TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast

Now these look very nice indeed! The only problem is choosing the right one! Quick question though - does it affect the display in anyway or does it look just a crisp as without the skin?
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Doesnt affect the screen in any way. The wallpaper you see in the picture is the locked screen display. I swipe up to unlock and it goes away.