What's new

Pushing Your Surface

OP
H

hadrian

I have had the device for a little more than a week or so....regularly shut it down after updates. I wish it would be a simple fix like that.

kundas1

it could be that you have a defective unit that they didn't apply enough thermal compound to the cpu or some other little defect... maybe try replacing your device for another one? your device shouldn't be running that hot, my fans never come on and when they do it's because I'm gaming and even then I hardly hear the fan... but I am a little hard of hearing though lol my device gets hot in the upper right but not enough to make me worried..

OP
H

hadrian

I bought a second i5 today to compare...will let u know how they compare...Already I can see that the new i5 has zero backlight bleeding whereas mine has a few minor spots

OP
H

hadrian

I have been comparing the machines and it seems my initial PC ran hot. It cannot handle heavy loads like my new machine. Quite frankly l am disappointed. l started off with an i7. That ran hot and now so does this i 5 . The quality control leaves a lot to be desired.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have been comparing the machines and it seems my initial PC ran hot. It cannot handle heavy loads like my new machine. Quite frankly l am disappointed. l started off with an i7. That ran hot and now so does this i 5 . The quality control leaves a lot to be desired.
Try refreshing the one that's running hot.