What's new

question about bluetooth headsets and graphics

gman713

I have a brand new SP4 i5 256 gb and noticed some strange things compared to my SP2 version. First, my Jaybird Blu Bud headphones connect to my SP4 fine, but the stereo connection never connects until I re-pair it. It always worked flawlessly with my SP2. Secondly, I installed Fallout 4 on my SP2 and it works great at low settings and never crashes. After installing it on my SP4, it works for about 5 minutes and keeps crashing. I really have not installed much on my brand new SP4, but surprised to see how poorly it works compared to my SP2 in terms of reliability. Can someone tell me if this sounds like a hardware issue or is this just a case in waiting for Microsoft to release updated fixes?

OP
G

gman713

I believe so... I had an update earlier today and applied it. I tried running update again and it stated I'm all up to date. Just a quick follow up, I don't think the issue is with my hardware, but more likely the Fallout 4 game and the current Graphics card. I just played CoD Black Ops 2 for about 30 minutes and it worked perfectly on my SP4. So maybe there will be an updated intel graphics driver in the next update or maybe Bethesda will patch their game? I also noticed that when I used AmiDuOS on my SP4, I sometimes get an error message stating that Intel graphics stopped working and restored. Typically when that happens, app (Amiduos) locks up and has to restart. I don't recall that happening much on my SP2.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I believe so... I had an update earlier today and applied it. I tried running update again and it stated I'm all up to date. Just a quick follow up, I don't think the issue is with my hardware, but more likely the Fallout 4 game and the current Graphics card. I just played CoD Black Ops 2 for about 30 minutes and it worked perfectly on my SP4. So maybe there will be an updated intel graphics driver in the next update or maybe Bethesda will patch their game? I also noticed that when I used AmiDuOS on my SP4, I sometimes get an error message stating that Intel graphics stopped working and restored. Typically when that happens, app (Amiduos) locks up and has to restart. I don't recall that happening much on my SP2.
There is a Beta Video Driver from Intel that you could try....