What's new

Solved Question about Miracast and Windows 10

GegeNY

Hello,
I updated my Surface 3 Pro to Windows 10 and I have a problem with my Miracast Device.
When I look in my Connected Devices, it show my MicrosoftDisplayAdapter_06 Not connected, but there is no connect option except Remove device. On Windows 8.1 I had the option to just Connect and Disconnect, but not in windows 10.
Look like I have to remove the device each time then Add it again to connect again, this is crazy.
Also I don't find the options below I had on windows 8.1 anywhere ?
PC screen only
Duplicate
Extend
Second screen only

Ist all that normal with windows 10?
Thank you for your help.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
From the Notification/Action Center press/click on Connect when you see your MWDA select it and should connect and then the options to slect how the screen projects should appear....
upload_2015-8-20_5-59-12.png

OP
G

GegeNY

I don't see what you are talking about, I have this windows, where the only option is Remove, then I can Add again and it then connect?

Attachments

• device.jpg
    device.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 510

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I don't see what you are talking about, I have this windows, where the only option is Remove, then I can Add again and it then connect?
No worries - your are attempting to use it like Windows 8.1....for Windows 10 we use the Notification/Action Center to get there....

Either swipe from the left (like we did to bring up the Charms in Windows 8.x) or click on the icon that looks like a "Speech Bubble" in the task tray:
upload_2015-8-20_6-26-54.png

When the Notification/Action Center Comes up select Connect:

upload_2015-8-20_6-28-24.png