What's new

QUestion about Pinned Sites - Surface RT ---> Win Pro 8

kristalsoldier

SOLVED: QUestion about Pinned Sites - Surface RT ---> Win Pro 8

Hi...

Had a quick question. Both my Surface and my main Win 8 Pro machines are signed into the same Microsoft Account. Is it possible for me to have the pinned sites (not Favourites) on the Win 8 Pro machine's Metro IE10 to sync and show up on the RT (Metro IE10)?

Thanks

Last edited:

hotphil

Mine are synced - must be one of the Sync your Settings options in the Change PC Settings option from the Modern UI Charm.

OP
kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier

Mine are synced - must be one of the Sync your Settings options in the Change PC Settings option from the Modern UI Charm.

I checked on both machines and the settings are all set to sync. Still missing some pinned sites on the RT which are on the Win 8 Pro machine. I wonder why?

bosamar

It's found at Settings > Change PC settings > Sync your settings > Settings to sync > Other Windows settings (turn these on).

OP
kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier

It's found at Settings > Change PC settings > Sync your settings > Settings to sync > Other Windows settings (turn these on).

All these are set on "ON" on both machines.

Edit: The favourites are synced all right. Just the pinned sites are not.

OP
kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier

OK. I worked it out. Refreshing my desktop machine and the RT did it. I don't know why or what happened, but the problem got fixed. I got this info off a MS board where a few people were complaining about the same thing. Apparently, it is a rare occurrence.