What's new

Question about RT vs Pro

machistmo

This is a problem where people believe what they read before they're really getting to use a product. I'm glad you've had the chance to put yours to the test and see what it's capable of. Must admit I've not got round to playing any games on my Surface yet, but I'm going on my first week long holiday since owning it next week so I'll download a couple and see how I get on!

Any recommendations? :)

Judge Dredd Vs Zombies is a GREAT free game.

mitchellvii

Never ever play games on my tablet. After playing heart-stopping games like Grid 2 on triple monitor and a desktop anything on a tablet just seems dull and silly by comparison. I once tried knocking over things with birds and a slingshot for about 5 minutes before thinking to myself that society really is in a sorry state when THIS is the most popular tablet game. I heard that has now been replaced by smashing fake candies?

Just me but never game on my tablet.

machistmo

Try Judge Dredd vs Zombies. Its good Zombie-killing fun for free. I made all 32 levels and played them over and over until I got them done with near perfect scores. For free, you cant beat the mindless zombie killing relaxation!

CrippsCorner

Never ever play games on my tablet. After playing heart-stopping games like Grid 2 on triple monitor and a desktop anything on a tablet just seems dull and silly by comparison. I once tried knocking over things with birds and a slingshot for about 5 minutes before thinking to myself that society really is in a sorry state when THIS is the most popular tablet game. I heard that has now been replaced by smashing fake candies?

Just me but never game on my tablet.

I'm absolutely hooked on Angry Birds and Candy Crush
wink.png
but you do have a point, because I only play them on my iPhone.

For Surface Pro, I want to try out proper gaming...

demandarin

I'm absolutely hooked on Angry Birds and Candy Crush
wink.png
but you do have a point, because I only play them on my iPhone.

For Surface Pro, I want to try out proper gaming...

If you're a gamer, the pro is a more than capable Device of playing ps3/xbox360 games or better quality. I didn't Buy the surface for gaming. But I wanted to see what it could push. I've been stoked this whole weekend on the games my pro pushes with no issues. Seriously.

For example I downloaded Kane and Lynch 2: dog days. I can play this game at full 1080P resolution with everything on high. No slowdown or lag at all. Graphics are crazy realistic on this game. Then now I have my Xbox controller and displayport to HDMI adapter. So I plug it up to big screen and now Im playing console aquality games.

That's what I like about steam. I can download demos of the game to see how the pro handles it. If it plays well and I like it, ill get the full game. Then most of these games are cheap compared to in store. The pro can aeasily push top notch games from a year or so ago. Remember how computing power advances exponentially in a short time. It can even push current games. Like I've also been playing the new Castlevania game which plays like Devil May Cry. Graphics are sick on it. Plays with no issues with my controller. Its about experimenting with the various games and settings. If it seems lagging at full resolution, then tweak settings. But I've played a ton of high quality games so far at full resolution and graphics tweaks and they play and look great. Alot of games will auto adjust settings based on setup to give you best gameplay.

Of course the pro can't compare to dedicated gaming rig. But its definitely no slouch either. You'd be very surprised at the games the i5 and HD4000 can push with no issues.

Oh and the pro can push 4 monitors at once with hardly any lag. Depending on what you doing. I've seen and posted 3 videos showing this in another thread. Talk about multitasking..lol

Last edited: