What's new

Question about small "number 2 after the word box" on the lock screen

evoqONE

Hopefully there is a easy answer.

Currently, have a Surface RT along with type cover connected and have noticed recently that on the front lock screen just across from the "time and network display" at the bottom left corner there appears the following "box 2". This only occurs after the surface is inactive and the screen dims out and you touch the keypad.

Anyone have an answer as to what this may mean?

Appreciate any suggestion or answers in advance,

Kind Regards,

evoqONE

Hopefully there is a easy answer.

Currently, have a Surface RT along with type cover connected and have noticed recently that on the front lock screen just across from the "time and network display" at the bottom left corner there appears the following "box 2". This only occurs after the surface is inactive and the screen dims out and you touch the keypad.

Anyone have an answer as to what this may mean?

Appreciate any suggestion or answers in advance,

Kind Regards,

evoqONE

Honestly, sounds like lousy programming.

Let me explain. When I write an application in Visual Studio, I design the forms using the form designer. You open a class library and drop objects on the form, then program the behavior of those objects. When I drop a text box, i.e. a field to type text into, it has a default label of "text 1" for the first, "text 2" for the next, etc. I sounds like a box control was orphaned on the form and is displayed. Probably won't cause any problem - it's just sloppy coding.

J515OP

Super Moderator
It could be a misbehaving app. Did you allow any to update the lock screen? It could be poor coding by the app or a glitch. You can try uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if that helps.

OP
E

evoqONE

Many thanks for the responses!

I'm going to go back through the recent apps that I've installed and see if one may be the culprit and uninstall it. From the posts it sounds like this is really is more an ecstatics issue than potential system problem. That's good news.

I really appreciate the guidance and pointing me toward a potential cause. Now to figure out which app!

Best,

J515OP

Super Moderator
On the Start screen tickle the app. Touch it and pull it up or down a little and release. This brings up a bar at the bottom with the option to uninstall the app. If you don't see the app on the Start screen swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen then touch All Apps.

To see what app use the lock screen, swipe in from the right edge for the Charms bar Settings>Change PC settings>Personalize>Lock screen>Lock screen apps.

ArnoldC

That is the lock screen notifications. You can enable apps to notify you this way. Perhaps you have 2 emails ;)
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express

J515OP

Super Moderator
That is the lock screen notifications. You can enable apps to notify you this way. Perhaps you have 2 emails ;)
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express

HA! I also thought it was the lock screen notifications (but was thinking of an error issue) and for some reason it just hit me what it actually means. You have 2 new actions for the Box app. Do you use Box and have you uploaded any docs or shared anything or received a share through Box?

OP
E

evoqONE

ArnoldC & J5150P thanks so much! Problem solved. It was the "Box" app and I had recently posted two files to my account. I feel a bit foolish but I'm in learning mode with my RT.

Really appreciate the solution and everyone's help!!!

Surfaceforums rocks!!!