What's new

Question about warranty (do i need invoice or just product serial number?

orkikus

Hi guys

I registered my SP3 this morning and I saw my warranty period. It was not necessary to show or upload the invoice.

Do you know if for accesories is this necessary? For example, Type Cover. This ítem has also a serial number, so I think warranty process should be same as Surface.

Any experiences?

Thank you !

Gtfeckner

It's enough with the serial number and Microsoft registration.

I bought my SP4 to a particular in eBay (new in box, never opened, I personally broke all precincts) and turned out to be a faulty unit. Microsoft changed It for a new one in 96 hours.

So, no need to worry about invoices, if you have a Surface registered to your name, Microsoft takes care.

You have to register the type cover as a separate product with its own serial number, but will be associated to your Surface.

The stylus... that I don't know... (and I need to, since I just killed mine...).

Best regards, and please excuse my poor English.

Orlbuckeye

Hi guys

I registered my SP3 this morning and I saw my warranty period. It was not necessary to show or upload the invoice.

Do you know if for accesories is this necessary? For example, Type Cover. This ítem has also a serial number, so I think warranty process should be same as Surface.

Any experiences?

Thank you !

When you register your device serial will be indentified. The warranty info will be associated with the device especially if you purchased from MS. Remember that every Surface Pro 4 or SB sold are still under the factory warranty. I'm not even sure if they are fixing them as I sent one back and they just shipped me a new one.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
You won't need to register the stylus as it comes with the surface. By having a surface pro registered, then you're good.

However, it would be interesting to see how this works if you only have a surface 3 where the stylus has to be bought separately (especially as they do not request you return the old one)

Orlbuckeye

I've heard a few people that had issue with the pen and went to the store and were given new ones for free. When I send my Surface Book in to be replaced I didn't send the pen or the charger and I only got a new Surface Book back from MS.