What's new

Question about which Firmware to install

gman713

Hey guys, I have a ton of updates due for my system and I noticed that firmware 10/24/13 is listed. This is a new SP2 Lot 1402. Should I install this firmware or do I skip it?

jrapdx

Hey guys, I have a ton of updates due for my system and I noticed that firmware 10/24/13 is listed. This is a new SP2 Lot 1402. Should I install this firmware or do I skip it?

From the comments I've read in the threads here, I think the Oct 24 FW update has been considered benign. On Jan 14, I exchanged my original SP2 (hit by the Dec 10 FW Incident) for a new SP2. The new unit received quite a few updates, including the Oct 24 firmware. Good news is the new SP2 is functioning without Bad FW glitches, suggesting not much you need to worry about in that respect.

FWIW haven't yet received the recent FW update.

That's as much as I know about SP2 firmware.

OP
G

gman713

Okay, thanks for the feedback! I'll go ahead and install it. I set my system up to only alert me when updates are available so I don't accidentally get hit with a bad FW update.

OP
G

gman713

Just a couple more questions, if the unit I got was made in January 2014, wouldn't the firmware already be up to date? I am wondering why the October firmware popped up? Can I wait for the January firmware to show up without installing the October one?