What's new

Question for Surface 2 owners

chrisleung

Hi Surface 2 owners --

I'm building a case for the Surface that uses magnets to improve usability, and I have the following question for you:

Magnet-Locations.jpg

Your help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot!

P.S. You don't have to worry about magnets messing up your Surface, unless you use a super strong magnet and oscillate its strength

Last edited:

beman39

I would be very careful when it comes to magnets and Surface, as magnets can cause damage to the HD and other components causing data corruption and interference... just saying you might wanna take that into consideration

hypokondriak

I would be very careful when it comes to magnets and Surface, as magnets can cause damage to the HD and other components causing data corruption and interference... just saying you might wanna take that into consideration

The Surface uses solid state drives (SSD) not hard disk drives (HDD).

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

oion

I'll check on this as soon as I find magnets at home (seriously, not even sure I have magnets lying around, haha) unless someone beats me to it.

That top power button strip does appear plastic, which is slightly annoying.

OP
chrisleung

chrisleung

I'll check on this as soon as I find magnets at home (seriously, not even sure I have magnets lying around, haha) unless someone beats me to it.

That top power button strip does appear plastic, which is slightly annoying.

Awesome, thanks oion. I'm looking for any area in the upper edge that's magnetic, corner of the screen is OK too.

Cheers!

hypokondriak

Hi Surface 2 owners --

I'm building a case for the Surface that uses magnets to improve usability, and I have the following question for you:

View attachment 1254

Your help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot!

P.S. You don't have to worry about magnets messing up your Surface, unless you use a super strong magnet and oscillate its strength

I have 2 magnets that arent very strong (fridge style). They will not stick for me at these 2 points, but they will lightly stick to the power plug recess.

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8