What's new

Question for Type Cover Owners

TeknoBlast

I know technology has come a long way, but I do have a question about the type cover. I know in the past, I've seen issues in laptops where when they are closed, the KB and screens would somewhat touch. When they both touch, I noticed some kind of blemishes or stains on the screen from the keyboard. In cases like these, I would usually place a small sheet of foam to protect the screen.

Has any Type Cover owner seen any issues like this?

bosamar

I can see lines across the screen from my Type Cover keys once in a while. Especially after I have it closed, placed in my sleeve, and taking it to work each day. But IMO that's just an indicator that the screen needs cleaning.

OP
TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast

I can see lines across the screen from my Type Cover keys once in a while. Especially after I have it closed, placed in my sleeve, and taking it to work each day. But IMO that's just an indicator that the screen needs cleaning.

So far it's not any lines that are permanent, right? A little wipe down and it's all good.

ontulmora

Another question about the Type Cover, do you feel like the keys are too close together? The keys are basically on top of each other and pretty different than an actual keyboard. I played with it at Best Buy but it wasn't as easy as I thought. Mine has the touch cover which is great for typing but I miss the space bar a lot.

bosamar

Another question about the Type Cover, do you feel like the keys are too close together? The keys are basically on top of each other and pretty different than an actual keyboard. I played with it at Best Buy but it wasn't as easy as I thought. Mine has the touch cover which is great for typing but I miss the space bar a lot.

I think with the utilization of space they had to work with they did a fantastic job.

Mr.NK

Super Moderator
No problems with the distance between keys or scratched glass here either. Anyone who considers to write more than 5 mails a day should get the type-cover.

BWepp

I love my type cover. To me, this is what helps "blur the line" between a tablet vs. Laptop/Ultrabook. I don't run into any space or sizing issues.
Also, I believe the Surface uses Gorilla Glass. I wouldn't expect the plastic keys from the Type cover to mar the screen in any way.

Tom T

I just ordered a Type cover, and although I think the Touch cover is pretty amazing it has been a little limiting for extended use - but MUCH better than I would have thought.

machistmo

The Touch cover drove me buts with the space bar misses and all the rest of its quirks. I find the type cover very useable and worth EVERY penny the extra few dollars. I don't even understand why the touch is even made unless its a style thing. Some people like them I suppose.

J515OP

Super Moderator
The Touch cover drove me buts with the space bar misses and all the rest of its quirks. I find the type cover very useable and worth EVERY penny the extra few dollars. I don't even understand why the touch is even made unless its a style thing. Some people like them I suppose.

Yep, some of us do ;) I have no issues with the touch cover and see no need for the type cover :) A cover for everybody, well except those looking for a battery keyboard dock...