What's new

Question - installing apps to SD

Sgl9x

I tried this solution for installing APPS to the SD card and now none of my Apps will work. I then "refreshed" the Surface Pro, after which I can't install any Apps from the store and I can't use any Apps either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Steve

Sin

I have tried this myself yet, but the easiest way is to reinstall your apps after making the modifications. Otherwise you need to make a symbolic link for the C drive app location to the SD card location or modify each and every registry entry for each app. Both sound more risky and painful.

Did you just move your existing installed apps? I doubt that Refresh will do anything in that case, since the registry entries for this applications will point to there original locations.

Sgl9x

I actually uninstalled my apps and then reinstalled them.

I tried to change permissions back to the way it was originally but when I deleted "Administrators" from the Appx location, nothing changed.

Edit: When I try to make TrustedInstaller the Owner again it will not allow me. Should I make the owner myself? I would think Administrators would include me.

EDIT 2: FIXED... For some reason my C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder was deleted. I just recreated it.

Last edited:

turokk

EDIT 2: FIXED... For some reason my C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder was deleted. I just recreated it.
i thought the same, but the folder is hidden. well it was for me. i had to go to control panel. folder options/view/show all hidden files,folders,hdd.