What's new

Question on audio/driver enhancements..

Rio

Recently sometimes when i plug in my headphones sometimes i'll get this popup to disable driver enhancements, i can make this popup come on everytime when i open sound in settings also. I always opt to not disable because i don't know what it does and don't wanna mess anything up. Is it ok to disable this to stop the popups? What does it do? -thanks

Screenshot9_zpsd00d0aa1.png

EMINENT

There seems to be an issue with the driver. This happened to me and I lost audio. I uninstalled them and rebooted and everything is fine.

ctitanic

You should hit yes. That's the only way you will be able to use the headphones. The sound level for the speakers will very low after that.

OP
R

Rio

You should hit yes. That's the only way you will be able to use the headphones. The sound level for the speakers will very low after that.

I've been hitting no, and still able to use headphones, just that the pop up keep coming up is annoying...but i have noticed speaker volume is really low now even on 100

OP
R

Rio

You can enable them at any time going to the Sound Settings in the Control Panel.

ok thanks, quick question i rebooted and it's asking me for a bitlocker recovery key...i went through the steps and got to my start, but does that mean my tablet crashed? could it be because of the audio issue?

kristalsoldier

Do you folks all copy and retain your BitLocker keys and carry it around all the time? I had no idea this would even be necessary. Now, maybe I need to do this.

kristalsoldier

There is not need if you can access from your phone this URL

http://windows.microsoft.com/recoverykey

Thanks very much!

One additional question: I had a Surface RT earlier to which I had assigned a name. Say it was called Machine 1. I then gave it away when I got the Surface 2. Before I gave it away, I wiped it clean. The new owner now signs into it with their own MS account and have named the device accordingly. The Surface 2 that I got then I named as Machine1. Why? Because I have a method to this madness and it would mess things up for me if I named it anything different.

When I clicked on with the link that you posted, I got two entries bearing the name Machine 1. How to identify which one is the relevant one for the Surface 2? And, how can I remove all reference to the RT device that was formerly named Machine 1?

Sorry, this is completely off topic!

ctitanic

Look for bitlocker in your Surface 2 left Charm, in the backup screen pick save as file, open the file in notepad and use the id first block to identity the key in SkyDrive.