What's new

Questionable quality control, and my third RMA process.

OP
F

FFX

Official Surface HMDI adaptor is $50+ here in Sweden. But I really don't think the price point matters, its the gesture.

OP
F

FFX

I have seen people complaining about loose volume rockers, never though that it could be a severe problem. Until now that is :p, the unit I received has the such a loose button, that every time you move the device or type on the screen it rattles. :D

oion

I have seen people complaining about loose volume rockers, never though that it could be a severe problem. Until now that is :p, the unit I received has the such a loose button, that every time you move the device or type on the screen it rattles. :D

Aww. I don't actually move my device much when using it, that is, but if I typed on the screen with any regularity, that would be more annoying to me.

Someone had posted a low-tech "fix," I suppose.

This reminds me of one of my mechanical pencils (note: I'm a mech pencil geek, yes). Made entirely out of aluminum, and the cap covering the eraser would rattle against the body every time to wrote with it, which was very annoying. But I love that pencil so much and didn't want to bother returning it since it was clearly a design flaw (that is, all the pencils of that model would be the same, but this isn't true for the Surface, where the volume rocker isn't a design flaw but a manufacturing flaw). I cut out a tiny strip of black electrical tape and wrapped it around the base of the cap, problem solved. It's really too bad that people might have to resort to that, but your other option is a return or exchange, and in your situation, that's over the top given the hassle and time involved. Good luck either way.

OP
F

FFX

Thanks! Might try this fix, or I'll just try another RMA. Surface support knew that this is a common problem, and they told me that I can wait till after the holiday season to send it in.