What's new

Rat Rating - Found an excellent mouse - Better than Wedge

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
An update to this thread -

I have stepped on, dumped coffee on, and dropped my Logitech Ultrathin t630 many times. It gets lots of use and abuse with my travels, and my Surface Pro 2 and my MacBook. But it still works perfectly. I own two Wedge mice, one for each docking station (one at work and at home). They don't get turned on very often. It is still worth carrying this Ultrathin mouse around.

enthuz

An update to this thread -

I have stepped on, dumped coffee on, and dropped my HP Ultrathin t630 many times. It gets lots of use and abuse with my travels, and my Surface Pro 2 and my MacBook. But it still works perfectly. I own two Wedge mice, one for each docking station (one at work and at home). They don't get turned on very often. It is still worth carrying this HP mouse around.

I've been very intrigued by the T630 and I have loved logitech accessories. However what is your comparison review of the the T630 vs. Wedge?

ptrkhh

I have stepped on, dumped coffee on, and dropped my HP Ultrathin t630 many times. It gets lots of use and abuse with my travels, and my Surface Pro 2 and my MacBook. But it still works perfectly. I own two Wedge mice, one for each docking station (one at work and at home). They don't get turned on very often. It is still worth carrying this HP mouse around.
What does HP stand for?
I thought it was a typo, but I saw you wrote it twice

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, sorry. I meant Logitech, not HP. Edited. Thanks for pointing this out.

My Logitech Ultrathin T630 mouse is still going strong.

ultrathin-touch-mouse-t630.jpg

ptrkhh

Im in search for a fullsize BT mouse. I was almost set up with the Mad Catz MOUS9, since it is the one and only fullsize BT mouse I can find.

Then I came across the Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse (not Sculpt Touch). In term of dimension, this is comparable with the MOUS 9. The length is 111mm, right on the middle between MOUS9's shortest and longest adjustable setup. The width is 68.5mm, just a tad wider than the MOUS9. In term of dimension, I couldn't complain about it.
The best thing about this mouse, compared to the MOUS9, is the price. Its just $40/€40 new, less than half of the MOUS9.
My biggest gripe is the lack of buttons. There is practically no customizable buttons. Sure, there actually is, but it consists only of the scroll left/right button which I wont change, and as far as I know, the useless Start button is not customizable.

What do you think?
Do you have any recommendation of other adult-sized BT mice?

ptrkhh

I have this one on my office desktop. Works very well, and has a nice feel.
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2413468,00.asp
How is the durability? How is the battery life? Is there a sleep delay? How long does it take for it to go sleep and wake?

Do you recommend this over the MOUS9 or Sculpt Comfort?
The price is similar, but the HP even has less buttons.
The other problem is I can only find the ones with tacky colorful squares body instead of the silver finish featured in the review. I can accept the weird blue strip on the Sculpt Comfort, but man, this takes tackiness to a whole new level.

LOL, monster-sized hands...