What's new

reading books via kindle app on surface 3

stufried

I use Blue Stacks as well. I found the experience far more satisfying when I replaced the Blue Stacks launcher with Google Now. I would like to hear how people configured the Ami-Duos to work with their Surface. When I ran it, it said the processor wasn't compatible, I then downloaded an app which allowed me to manual turn on the virtualization mode on the Atom, but didn't love the experience. Which version of Ami-Duos are people using? (Ver. 1 or 2)

DLCPhoto

I use Blue Stacks as well. I found the experience far more satisfying when I replaced the Blue Stacks launcher with Google Now. I would like to hear how people configured the Ami-Duos to work with their Surface. When I ran it, it said the processor wasn't compatible, I then downloaded an app which allowed me to manual turn on the virtualization mode on the Atom, but didn't love the experience. Which version of Ami-Duos are people using? (Ver. 1 or 2)

I'm using Version 2. The warning about needing to have virtualization mode for it to run ends up being a non-issue. I can't find the link right now, but basically, you just install it, ignore the warning, run it on the Surface 3 for a few minutes, and then just reboot your Surface 3. After that, it just runs, and somehow it gets what it needs.

It runs fine for me (I'm keeping mine at Windows 8.1 until more of the Windows 10 bugs have been squashed), although it does take somewhat long for it to boot up within Windows. But it has run every Android App I've asked it to (including being able to download Amazon and Google videos, which otherwise - until recently, at least - wouldn't download on a Windows device.

As I've stated before, I prefer Bluestacks because I'm able to just pin individual Android apps to the Start menu / Start screen rather than going into a separate Android environment first.

DLCPhoto

As I've stated before, I prefer Bluestacks because I'm able to just pin individual Android apps to the Start menu / Start screen rather than going into a separate Android environment first.

For what it's worth, I can do the same thing with AMIDuOS. I have several Android Apps pinned to the Start Screen, under an 'Android' subsection I created. Selecting one of these then starts the AMIDuOS application, and then the App you selected.

has anyone tried out reading books on the surface 3? Im considering getting rid of my air 2 , I have the sp3 but it's 800 miles away at the moment and I have not tried reading books on it. With the new aspect ratio I assume it feels more like an actual book
I have blue stacks loaded now too for the android app store...however, as bad as kindle is on Windows, its actually a little better that the google version on windows...for some reason it will not fit the whole page and makes it hard to concentrate...that being said, I still reccoment downloading blue stacks so you can make use of the plethora of apps android has to offer that windows doesn't have at all...I now have my prime music, credit union and others loaded...

For what it's worth, I can do the same thing with AMIDuOS. I have several Android Apps pinned to the Start Screen, under an 'Android' subsection I created. Selecting one of these then starts the AMIDuOS application, and then the App you selected.
Really? What's the process for doing this? I looked when I had Amiduos installed but could not figure out how to do that.

Really? What's the process for doing this? I looked when I had Amiduos installed but could not figure out how to do that.
Even following all the directions I could not get AMIDuos installed... was very frustrating for me! However I did "reinstall" bluestacks...I took it off my surface so I could get AMIDuOS...With bluestacks I realize I don't have to deal with their strange home screen so much as I was able to get the apps on bluestacks to have live tiles on the windows start menu...

DLCPhoto

I will try to provide a response to this later on today or tomorrow (today's kind of busy). I forget off the top of my head, so will need to boot it up, and see if I can remember how I did it. Will get back to you with a proper answer.

I use my S3 only for reading. The vast majority of my books are in ePub and PDF form. I use Book Viser (paid version) and Book Bazaar (free version and considering the paid version) to read ePub documents and Drawboard PDF (paid version) to read PDF documents. I don't use the Kindle App. The S3 works brilliantly and has totally replaced my iPad Air. The aspect ratio of the S3 is ideal for reading IMO.

Here's what I really like about Drawboard PDF. I can put it in touch mode, select to annotate and my annotations come out as straight lines on the text I choose to highlight. Can you do the same for ePub with Book Viser or Book Bazaar?

I've done the same thing and love it this way...I will say though that with all the studying I do I thought I'd love to go back to android kindle, but its not the same, not full screen and just different...although windows kindle is limited it works well best...however I have EVERYTHING else I used to use regularly in my start menu...although theres a delay in opening as it opens bluestacks first, so much easier especially in tablet mode...blue stacks has made me love my surface even more...but with everything on my surface the way it is I am terrified of the day it needs to be replaced...I wish there was a removable battery so that moment could be prolonged

Kris

I am going to have to try bluestacks again, I could not get it to install on my SP3 but maybe it will work on my wife's S3. She is currently using the Nook app and it is ok but she was using Moon+ Reader on her tablet and it was by far the best I, she, have ever come across.