What's new

Really excited for SP2 delivery

Dim-Ize

I am very eager to receive my pre-order. I don't remember being this excited about technology that I have purchased before. I chose the 256/8 with Type Cover 2.

While I love the SP1, I believe the larger storage, increased memory, USB 3, MS Windows 8.1 PRO, battery improvement, kickstand, CPU and GPU will be welcomed upgrades for my use.

I can see how some may prefer alternative choices out there: Sony, Dell, Razer, Apple and others. But for me, the Surface Pro 2 offers full Office, great mobility (size and weight), excellent accessories, handwritten notes, compatibility with my corporate VPN and proprietary PC apps we use, and to me, seemingly the largest app store on the planet with full Windows and Metro support combined.

I'm a cheerleader for the SP1 and 2. It's been a good while since MS impressed me. I think they need to really get this into execs hands and work on sales force automation. It is soooo much easier to travel than my corporate issued laptop. I also enjoy some great gaming with the XBox controller. Not saying Cut the Rope and Angry Birds isn't fun, just that I can play some pretty awesome games on the SP1 - and I'm hoping that continues and improves with the 2.

Well done, MS, we'll done! Bring it here next week :D

godson594

Trust me I'm with you - you got the same exact setup I want. I have to drive to Bestbuy on 22d and hope they have one in stock, fckin annoys hell out of me I cant pre order to store or go walk in store and put cash down to hold it for me...

But ya, i'm excited.. I ordered a sleeve for it already and the type keyboard 2...

oion

Just a couple minor corrections. ;)

I am very eager to receive my pre-order. I don't remember being this excited about technology that I have purchased before. I chose the 256/8 with Type Cover 2.

While I love the SP1, I believe the larger storage, increased memory, USB 3, MS Windows 8.1 PRO, battery improvement, kickstand, CPU and GPU will be welcomed upgrades for my use.

Surface always had that, right?

I can see how some may prefer alternative choices out there: Sony, Dell, Razer, Apple and others. But for me, the Surface Pro 2 offers full Office,

Well, it actually doesn't... :p

great mobility (size and weight), excellent accessories, handwritten notes, compatibility with my corporate VPN and proprietary PC apps we use, and to me, seemingly the largest app store on the planet with full Windows and Metro support combined.

I'm a cheerleader for the SP1 and 2. It's been a good while since MS impressed me. I think they need to really get this into execs hands and work on sales force automation. It is soooo much easier to travel than my corporate issued laptop. I also enjoy some great gaming with the XBox controller. Not saying Cut the Rope and Angry Birds isn't fun, just that I can play some pretty awesome games on the SP1 - and I'm hoping that continues and improves with the 2.

Well done, MS, we'll done! Bring it here next week :D

I'm curious how store turn-outs will be. On the plus side, the advertising is leagues better, except for the one that combined Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2 and already confused a couple forumgoers about the stylus. *facepalm*

Deryl McCarty

Geez, we must all be thinking the exactly the same thing. I pre-ordered the SP2 256/8 as well. I did not order the touch type 2, I will stick with my touch type (1?) until the power type version comes out in "early 2014" which, of course means prior to July 1st. Same with the docking station. My order still says the Pro 2 will be in the mail by the 21st---but here I am 30 miles from Redmond and my SP2 will probably hit the UPS system from the MS storage locations in Lithuania or Terra del Fuego. Sigh, such is my luck.

CrippsCorner

Every single person, bar one, that I've seen has ordered 256/8! I guess this would have been what I went for too... in a way I'm glad I'm not getting it because damn it does cost quite a bit!

mitchellvii

If you are satisfied with the Surface Pro 2's form factor and pricing you will be very happy with your order. For what it is it is well done. I personally would hold off on the new keyboard until the battery cover comes out and see if they decide to come down from their insane $200 price.

Surface Pro 2 won't be for everyone but for those who like it, it will be awesome.

mld218

I also purchased the SP2 256 with type cover 2. This will be my 1st surface and am also very excited about it. My order also says to be shipped by Oct 21. Does anyone know when these will actually ship out? Will it be on Oct 21 or some day prior to that?

Thanks

sillyrabbitt123

me too in with a sp2 256gb cannot wait. i got the type cover 2 but am interested in the battery cover as well. my company picked up 1/2 the cost on it. They would have given me 800 bucks for another unit so i opted for this :)

Msut10

I think MS forced most peoples hands by offering only 4gb of ram until you got to the 256gb and up versions. I dont care about the extra space but the 8gb of RAM is a must have for my uses.

D

Deleted member 10837

I agree 4GB is not enough. I have used 8GB just by running Google Chrome and will definitely need that much from multitasking with virtual machine.