What's new

Really excited for SP2 delivery

D

Deleted member 10837

True. That's why I'm looking for the number of hours improvement. If people that used to get say 6 on their SP1 can get 10 on the SP2 using it the same way, then people like me will be able to figure out about how much more they will get if they upgrade. MS said the SP2 would get 75% longer batter life. I'm one of those people that only gets about 3.5 hours on their SP1. +75% would only give me about 6.1 hours. I don't know if I'll drop a grand (I'd get the 8/256 and figure about $500 for my 128 used) for about 2.6 hours more life. I'm tempted. I just feel like 7 is my min.

...who am I kidding, I'll probably get one anyway :).

Haswell is estimated to save 20% battery
= 3.5h * 1.2 = 4.2h
Then Power Cover will have a 30Wh battery which is 71% of the Pro's 42Wh
= 4.2h * 1.71
= 205% = 7h 12m

Last edited by a moderator:

mitchellvii

True. That's why I'm looking for the number of hours improvement. If people that used to get say 6 on their SP1 can get 10 on the SP2 using it the same way, then people like me will be able to figure out about how much more they will get if they upgrade. MS said the SP2 would get 75% longer batter life. I'm one of those people that only gets about 3.5 hours on their SP1. +75% would only give me about 6.1 hours. I don't know if I'll drop a grand (I'd get the 8/256 and figure about $500 for my 128 used) for about 2.6 hours more life. I'm tempted. I just feel like 7 is my min.

...who am I kidding, I'll probably get one anyway :).

Just get the battery cover for $200 (with maybe a trade-in discount from MS). Your SP1 will run all day and just recharge overnight. Other than the kickstand, SP2 has no tangible (i.e.. worth dropping a grand) benefit to you. They say the screen is a little better but I couldn't tell a difference personally.

deldalton

I've ordered the 64/4. I really wanted the 256/8 for the additional RAM but I just cannot justify spending £300 for an additional 4GB of RAM when I don't need the extra SSD space.

It would have been really nice for them to have offered an 8GB of RAM option for the 64 and 128 models.

CrippsCorner

It would have been nice, but they're making more money this way! And that's what it's all about at the end of the day.