What's new

Realtek Audio Drivers - Stereo Mix available!

olimjj

I decided to check the audio drivers on my new SP2. I discovered that unlike the SP1 it had Realtek drivers. My experience told that Stereo Mix could be available. My suspicion was confirmed!
Here is how to activate it. Windows key + X key. Choose control panel. Choose Sound. Choose Recording Tab. Long finger press to get content menu. Check show disabled devices. Choose Stereo Mix. Enable.
ENJOY!!

OP
O

olimjj

In conjunction with a recording program such as Audacity ,"stereo mix" it will stereo record everything that is played through that computer no matter what the source is.

Last edited:

bluegrass

Do you long press the recording tab. That didn't do anything. After pressing the recording tab, all buttons below are greyed out.

OP
O

olimjj

Do you long press the recording tab. That didn't do anything. After pressing the recording tab, all buttons below are greyed out.
You must
Long finger press within the recording tab window to get content menu. If you find this difficult you can use a mouse (right click) to get the choices and ability to show disabled and disconnected devices, and allow you to reintroduce and enable them. This should become self evident. Hope this clarifies.

Ruffles

Any idea how to get the playback enhancements like eq and headphone virtualization etc. that was one the SP1? I tried the Razor software but it jacked up sensing when I had headphones inserted and when I didn't.

OP
O

olimjj

No I do not. You are correct that it was present with the audio drivers for the SP1 and is not with the Realtek drivers. Their website might offer some insight. However you can introduce those elements with added plugins in Audacity.