What's new

Rear wear..?

Profoxcg

I wanted to know if anyone else is seeing a similar thing happen to the back of their device.

I have been using mine to hand write notes which means I have to place the device of my desk. My desks surface is very smooth and I am more afraid to damage the desk than anything I put on it.
To make a long story short, I have been placing the surface on it and I have not DRAGGED the device on the desk. however notice the wear around the edges.

its most prominent on the stand flap on both side and at the bottom. However it is also developing on the mg car around the top corners.

Any thoughts?
PS. dont mind the take of the back.

20130327_005427_zpsbe549440.jpg

20130327_005358_zps61e752c6.jpg

19de913b-9e3e-4ab8-a7b4-ac1bb5bc6a0a_zps87bb030f.jpg

ArnoldC

There are a couple of threads existing that talks about cosmetic wear and tear, from peeling to chipping. You are not alone.

OP
P

Profoxcg

=( why can't they paint their stuff with quality paint... My phone or mouse or keyboard which get pushed all over the place do not do that.. urgh bummer.

ArnoldC

Hows your RT holding up?

The chipping somewhat stopped with those two in the photo, so I guess it was really a defect. The paint peeling is now more than half on the right side from the original photo. I think my photo with a tiny USB showcases that. :LOL:

ps.

Oh, i have a new one on the kickstand...

souldier

I almost always fold my touch cover behind my device so that wont happen. The touch cover is really multi purpose. It adds grip so it won't slide all over the place and it protects the back at the same time.

I had my device skinned so now it is even more protected

OP
P

Profoxcg

I almost always fold my touch cover behind my device so that wont happen. The touch cover is really multi purpose. It adds grip so it won't slide all over the place and it protects the back at the same time.

I had my device skinned so now it is even more protected

I think the touch covers is great for that, not so much the type cover. Because in your case you have the soft texture of the touch keys your tablet is protected against being marred on the back, whereas I feel that the type keys may mar the back of the tablet or the other way around.

The tape on my tablet was an attempt at "lifting" the device slightly from the desks surface and provide some grip. I really thing they need to implement some little rubber feet very very low profile. (something I will have to come up on my own).

I am looking for a clear back skin...

prscarp

I've been getting magic scratches on the back of mine. They just popped up out of no where up top by the camera.. I don't recall doing anything that might have caused it, so I haven't the slightest where they are coming from. All I know is the back of the Surface is very delicate.

souldier

I believe the vapormg casing is delicate in terms of being prone to marks/scratches, but I do believe it is very sturdy, solid and strong

revmike

That's another reason why I'm waiting before I purchase one. Hopefully they will get this rectified in the future.