What's new

Reassigning F keys to Spanish accents (áéíóúñ)

Jeff04

Hi,

Currently for my desktop PC I have a Razer gaming keyboard that comes with it's own software that allows me to easily change the F keys function, which I can activate and de-activate quickly. I am traveling to Spain to study Spanish in a month and would like the same functionality for my Surface Pro 4's keyboard. I have tried looking at 3rd party applications but none of them allow me to modify the F keys to accented letters.

My ideal end result would be to have the "fn" key activate Spanish accents from F1-F6+, and with "fn" deactivated I can use the F keys for volume and brightness etc as normal.

Any help is much appreciated thank you

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I just returned from a month in Barcelona. I chose a Spanish keyboard setting for my Surface Book 2. Was better for me to continue to learn Spanish.

OP
J

Jeff04

I tried that but the F key system I have works so smoothly as it's a single button press instead of a combination

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
The Razer has a nice function for that. I don’t think anyone has a software solution for you here. There is an onscreen keyboard with a Surface, which makes the accented characters a bit easier to access.