What's new

Recent Update killed video quality

CPgreen

After downloading the update this week there was a very noticeable drop in video quality on my SP2. Suddenly it couldn't handle blacks at all and anytime there was shadow it became so pixelated I couldn't even see what the object was supposed to be. I reverted back to restore point from earlier in the month and quality seems to be back to normal.

I can't seem to find anywhere where people are having this issue but it was definitely a result of the update for me. Anyone else have an issue with video quality on their SP2, before or after the update?

oion

You should report this to the official MS boards (link in sig) so Microsoft can be come aware of the issue, if there isn't already a thread about it.

potatobiscuit

got the exact same issue. looks like I'm watching stuff on a cheap TV! happened with dec update which did not install properly. so much for colour improvements! to make matters worse, my machine no longer sleeps properly. picked it up this morning and no battery.

this update has really messed my surface up! got a ticket logged with support and waiting for them to get back to me.

OP
C

CPgreen

You should report this to the official MS boards (link in sig) so Microsoft can be come aware of the issue, if there isn't already a thread about it.

That's a good idea. I don't see anything on it so I'll post something there. Thanks