What's new

Recent Updates

kristalsoldier

I just received - as I am sure you folks have - a slew of W10 updates on my SP3 (and S3). Details here: Windows 10 update history - Windows Help

I must say that Edge seems much faster than before. And, one other thing: I notice my SP3 running a trifle cooler (by touch) than what it used to before this update.

How is this update treating you folks?

Edit: From the little that I have used the Sp3 thus far, it seems much quicker than before. Things like File Explorer opens in a snap. I am really liking W10!!! (kinda late in the day to express this, nevertheless!!!)

Surfacemike

Hasn't fixed the flight mode issue (at least not on my SP3 or S3Lte. I have even completed a clean install using the USB media creation method (I gave up after 5 attempts to download the specific file for my device type) but alas, still no joy.
Still seeing the same random charging/not charging on the S3 (yes with the MS power adaptor & cord)
I've been a big fan of MS, W10 & the Surface, but have to say, I'm losing patience

leeshor

I'm seeing flight mode and blue tooth on, on desktops withthout WiFi or blue tooth. So far it hasn't bothered anyone because my users don't even look there. It's a bug that's been around for a while.

OP
kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier

Yeps, that flight mode thing - I checked. I have that problem too. Not really a bother, but one knows it is there!

Otherwise though, I do find that this update most definitely has quickened the S3 and the SP3.

Edit: About that not charging business on the S3 - I experienced that only once since I have had the S3 and that was a few weeks back. But I have not seen that till now after the most recent updates.