What's new

Recieved my SP3 dock 1hr ago!!

SCVWholesale

Love it but I wish I knew it came with a power supply. Well I guess I got a extra extra travel charger.
The magnetic stylus holder is cool but the 1000Mb/s Ethernet is cooler solves my problem for now
Gio
SP3 I7

View attachment 3029 back.jpg box.jpg connectors.jpg desktop-setup.jpg magnet.jpg power-supply.jpg right-side.jpg super.jpg

scfoster

I agree about the Ethernet connection. The SP2 Ethernet was lame.

Very happy with dock. The convenience factor of not having to mess with connectors is hard to describe but VERY satisfying.

Note that the type cover does not have to be removed when placing in the dock.

OP
S

SCVWholesale

Cool I did not even think about leaving the keyboard on I was happy to recover a little desktop space and use a full size keyboard and mouse

cschmach

I received my SP3 Docking Station yesterday and it is amazing. My 3 year old son loves watching me stick the pen to the magnetic side of the Docking Station. I had the SP2 Docking Station (which I loved) as well, and this is even better.
I recommend it to anyone looking to turn their SP3 into a desktop in seconds, rapidly charge their SP3, or needing somewhere to magnetically store their pen.

OP
S

SCVWholesale

Ha sorry big Superman fan since I was little starting with the black and white TV show.

People always ask me what I am using I tell them it's the Super Surface Pro 3 with a i7 they prob think I'm crazy but the chrome super sticker is pretty convincing.

Gio
SP3i7

elixir

I just got the dock as well. Can I check with you guys if the dock is not connected to the power, can you still connect to the monitor, LAN cable ,etc? Mine if I pull the power plug, all connections (LAN), monitor, all got disconnected. It seems like the SP3 dock cannot be used without power.
Is this correct or mine is broken?

EDIT: I have not had any previous Surface dock/ used surface product before, I have other laptop dock that still can connect to monitor or LAN without power. This type sometimes is good because you can disconnect the power when the battery is full to avoid overcharging.

Last edited: