What's new

Recomendations for recovery usb drive model

Kenja

Hello,

For those of you who have successfully made a recovery drive with system files that works for your Surface Pro 4, what is the exact make and specs of the USB drive that you used?

I've tried two different USB drives and neither work. The first one was a 16G USB 3.1 drive. The Create Recovery Drive application succeeded with no errors, but the Surface would not boot to it. The second was a 32G USB 2 drive. The Create Recovery application reported that it could not put the system files on the drive. I could boot to it, but I would like to have the system files.

Any recommendations on a particular drive would be appreciated.

Regards,
Ken

ScottyS

Hello,

For those of you who have successfully made a recovery drive with system files that works for your Surface Pro 4, what is the exact make and specs of the USB drive that you used?

I've tried two different USB drives and neither work. The first one was a 16G USB 3.1 drive. The Create Recovery Drive application succeeded with no errors, but the Surface would not boot to it. The second was a 32G USB 2 drive. The Create Recovery application reported that it could not put the system files on the drive. I could boot to it, but I would like to have the system files.

Any recommendations on a particular drive would be appreciated.

Regards,
Ken
Are your USB drives formatted as fat32?