What's new

Recommend Screenshot/ Screencapture

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
@jott27 ,

Snip & Sketch is an excellent built-in tool, recently improved by Microsoft. You want to do this:

1 Cortana search for: Snip & Sketch
2 When it shows up at the top of your search results, right-click it to Pin to Start or Pin to Taskbar, or click it to run.

snipandsketch.jpg

OP
jott27

jott27

I must be missing something! I went to the motions to get Snip & Skech and now the MS Store shows that I own this app, but I cannot find a way how to access it. It does not show in the installed App list Screen and it does not show on the Start Screen.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I must be missing something! I went to the motions to get Snip & Skech and now the MS Store shows that I own this app, but I cannot find a way how to access it. It does not show in the installed App list Screen and it does not show on the Start Screen.
In the task tray by the clock there should be a pen icon - click that

upload_2019-1-15_7-3-54.png

upload_2019-1-15_7-5-56.png

Another option is the legacy Snipping Tool also included in Windows but it's days are numbered as it is deprecated for the above

OP
jott27

jott27

In the task tray by the clock there should be a pen icon - click that

View attachment 9152

View attachment 9153

Another option is the legacy Snipping Tool also included in Windows but it's days are numbered as it is deprecated for the above

The pen icon is interesting to explore for what it is used , but does not lead to a recommended screen capture app recommendation. Nevertheless, I thank you for showing me its usage. I miss very badly Techsmith's Snagit program, that is available on most computers except on MS surface type computers. So far I was unable to find in the MS store anything that does even come close to 20% of what snagit can do.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, @jott27

As always, you can click your heels together, go to TechSmith, and purchase Snagit, on any PC. This way, you may revert to something more familiar. There’s no place like home.

OP
jott27

jott27

@jott27 ,

Snip & Sketch is an excellent built-in tool, recently improved by Microsoft. You want to do this:

1 Cortana search for: Snip & Sketch
2 When it shows up at the top of your search results, right-click it to Pin to Start or Pin to Taskbar, or click it to run.

View attachment 9151
The search with Cortana leads directly to the MS store for this app, with the note indicating "I own this app". The install button is grayed out, indicating that I cannot install it. Nowhere seems to be place where this app is installed on my surface pro 6. I used to have a Surface 2, maybe it was installed there, with little use for me now. But even if I could make it work, it would not do the function of a " screen capture".

OP
jott27

jott27

Hi, @jott27

As always, you can click your heels together, go to TechSmith, and purchase Snagit, on any PC. This way, you may revert to something more familiar. There’s no place like home.
Hi, @jott27

Hi, @jott27

I would do more that than just click my heels, I would even salut, if it would help! But unfortunately, TechSmith has not yet made a version for Surface.